Producing compacted graphite iron by either undertreating with MgFeSi or by making a good ductile iron and then adding titanium are both unreliable methods with narrow production parameters. Treatment with COMPACTMAG® alloy gives you far more reliable results, with wider production windows and without the addition of harmful titanium.
- Specially designed alloy for structure control in compacted graphite iron (CGI)
- Cost effective alternative to titanium providing better machinability and a minimum of slag and dross
- Contains carefully balanced Mg, Ca, and RE for optimum CGI production
- The high Rare Earth content ensures a minimum of section sensitivity in the CGI microstructure
- Recommended for low sulphur base irons, and can be used in both ladle and in-the-mould treatment processes
- COMPACTMAG® alloy allows for fully mixing the CGI returns with ductile returns without causing any harmful interactions