Producing compacted graphite iron by either undertreating with MgFeSi or by making a good ductile iron and then adding titanium are both unreliable methods with narrow production parameters. Treatment with COMPACTMAG™ alloy gives you far more reliable results, with wider production windows and without the addition of harmful titanium.
- Specially designed alloy for structure control in compacted graphite iron (CGI)
- Cost effective alternative to titanium providing better machinability and a minimum of slag and dross
- Contains carefully balanced Mg, Ca, and RE for optimum CGI production
- The high Rare Earth content ensures a minimum of section sensitivity in the CGI microstructure
- Recommended for low sulphur base irons, and can be used in both ladle and in-the-mould treatment processes
- COMPACTMAG™ alloy allows for fully mixing the CGI returns with ductile returns without causing any harmful interactions
Find our latest safety information here
Elkem offers various safety documentation, for hazardous (Safety Data Sheets) and non-hazardous (Product Safety Information) materials.