Nodularising treatment using MgFeSi alloys rather than pure Mg generates more nuclei for nodule formation, resulting in higher nodule count and better mechanical properties.
MgFeSi should be regarded as a speciality product in today’s iron foundry environment of tight production schedules and quality requirements. Elmag® nodularisers are precision made to narrow specifications compared to other materials available on the market. This ensures that the alloy recovery and consistency of your iron treatment process are maximised.
- A wide range of MgFeSi grades to accommodate each foundry’s treatment process
- Speciality treatment alloys for specific metal grades and applications in the foundry industry
- Narrow product specifications to give highest consistency of Mg recovery
- Reduced slag inclusions, improved nodule counts, nodularity and structures
- Cost-effective with lower environmental impact and reduced fume
- Production close to major foundry clusters