Medical grade silicone elastomers providing excellent detail reproducing and reliability for dental impression
Dental impression materials
Dental impression materials are used to make replicas of hard and soft oral tissues for the purposes of making models for study, diagnosis, or the fabrication of prosthetic devices.
Addition-cure silicones, also called Vinylpolysiloxanes (VPS), provide a variety of benefits compared to other materials :
- No dimensional change upon setting or storage
- Suitable working times and working characteristics
- Suitable physical properties (hardness, strength, etc.)
- Excellent details reproduction
- Good biocompatibility
- Optimum colors for high visibility
- Easy to dispense, easy to use
- Work with a variety of techniques
Elkem Silicones is exclusively a private label and B-to-B supplier. We develop and manufacture high-quality dental materials using our own technology, which ensures high fidelity, reliable impression and reproduction in a short period of time. Our large range of Silbione™ impression materials offers a very high level of hydrophilicity, high thixotropy but are very fluid under shear, which makes them easy to handle during use.
Elkem Silicones capabilities cover all main VPS technologies:
- Putty, Pastes for first impression
- Body, Fluids for second impression (Light Body, Regular Body, Heavy Body)
- Bite Registration, high hardness materials (up to 90 Shore A) for dental alignment
- Soft Liner, used to reline dentures
- 5:1 ratio products in 380mL cartridges, suitable for automatic mixing machines
In addition, our silicone experts are able to develop tailor-made grades matching your performance or brand requirements (adjusted kinetics, viscosity, color, etc.)
Learn more about our Silbione™ ranges of dental solutions by downloading our flyer.
At Elkem Silicones, we are dedicated people located around the globe, committed to your success. Whether you are looking for a product recommendation, for customized silicone solutions, or for regulatory support, we have the people in place when and where you want them. If you have a medical device related project, contact us and our experts will be there to help.