ELGRAPH® - Recarburisers
ELGRAPH ® recarburisers are carbon additives manufactured at high temperatures from selected raw materials specifically for use as recarburisers during cast iron and steel production Elkem’s production process, with continuous calcining up to 3000 °C, gives an extremely stable product, where the high performance is constant, vs many other materials in the market (often based on a batch process or sourced graphite).
Advantages of the ELGRAPH® recarburisers are:
- High carbon recoveries
- Easily rapid solubility even at low agitation
- Consistent quality due to continuous production process
- Carbon trimming just prior to casting
- Very low nitrogen/hydrogen levels reduce pinhole risk
ELGRAPH® Superior recarburiser
ELGRAPH® Superior Grade+ recarburiser is especially formulated as a carbon raiser for ductile iron, with particular emphasis on high purity, high carbon recovery, excellent solubility and very low content of sulphur, nitrogen and hydrogen. It may also be used for final trimming of grey iron. Its high dissolution rate makes it very suitable in the carbon adjustment phase of metal preparation.
- ELGRAPH® Superior recarburiser has a typical electrical resistivity of 50 - 60 µOhmm.
- ELGRAPH® Superior recarburiser is available in size grading 0,5 - 5 mm and 0,5 - 5 mm.
ELGRAPH® Premium recarburiser
ELGRAPH® Premium Recarburiser is specially formulated as a carbon raiser for steel and grey iron castings, with particular emphasis on high purity, rapid solubility and good reproducibility. ELGRAPH® Premium Grade Recarburiser with its low nitrogen content is especially suited for production of grey and ductile cast irons.
- ELGRAPH®Premium recarburiser has a typical electrical resistivity of 100 -300 µOhm.
- ELGRAPH® Premium recarburiser is available in size grading 0-0.5 mm and 0,5 - 5 mm.