Silicones improve the sensory and effectiveness of deodorants
Stay active and fresh all day while caring for your skin with silicones
For many consumers, daily use of antiperspirants (AP) and deodorants (DEO) is a must to keep them fresh and dry. The antiperspirant actives, such as aluminum salts, are effective in controlling perspiration, but they are tacky or sticky and give a draggy sensation on skin. With silicone ingredients in their APDEO, consumers with an active lifestyle benefit from high performance products that combine the effective release of AP actives with skin care benefits.
It is widely recognized that silicones are critical components to antiperspirants- delivering consumer desirable attributes and ease of processability with minimal to no effect on the efficacy. There are various forms of antiperspirants to choose from to fit consumer preferences. Silicones are used in the systems to deliver actives, enhance glide, mask white residue, stabilize formulations, and provide light and dry feel. Silicone emulsifiers effectively stabilize clear gels; silicone emollients provide smooth glide and dry feel to most forms.
Our product offerings for APDEO
Our wide range of high performance and standard silicone products under the PURESIL™ and MIRASIL™ brands use a variety of silicone ingredients in the following categories:
- Volatile dimethicone and cyclopentasiloxane
- Dimethicone fluids, with viscosity from 2 cst to 500,000 cst, volatile to non-volatile;
- Gum blends with volatile or non-volatile silicone carriers
- Phenyl modified silicones: phenyl trimethicone, diphenyl dimethicone, etc.
- Silicone emulsifiers: water in silicone emulsifier, water in silicone and oil emulsifier, etc.
- Silicone elastomer gels in a range of carrier fluids, volatile to nonvolatile, silicone to naturally derived organic carrier
Silicone for Personal Care
Everything you need to know about Elkem for Personal Care
Why partner with Elkem Silicones?
In addition to our current offering, we continue to launch new products to support customers in innovation and improve on sustainability. Our knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art application labs can assist you in creating your next innovative formulations.