Silicones boost the perceivable benefits of skin care products
Silicones, delivering the delights of a healthier and more youthful-looking skin
Are you looking to improve the performance of your skin care formulation?
Today’s consumers are increasingly focused on wellness, self-care and the sustainability of our planet. They want more plant-based choices. While natural skin care products are appealing, they often prove challenging in delivering the performance consumers desire. Silicones, proven performance enhancers in skin products, have been working in concert with natural ingredients to deliver the performance promise since the 1950s.
Breathable and non-comedogenic, silicones are versatile additives that have been delivering a myriad of benefits in skin care products for many years.
Silicones are multifunctional ingredients that:
- Facilitate the formulation process through enhanced spreading, uniform application, reduced tackiness of humectants and sunscreens, minimized greasiness of natural oils and fats
- Deliver significant and easily perceivable benefits to consumers: silkiness, smooth and moisturized feel, healthy glow, masking fine lines, boosting SPF in sunscreens, delivering skin care actives for long-term effects and many more benefits.
Our product offerings for skin care
A wide range of standard and high-performance silicone products are available under the Mirasil™ and PURESIL™ brands in the following categories:
- Dimethicone Fluids, with viscosity from 2 cst to 500,000 cst, volatile to non-volatile
- Gum Blends with volatile or non-volatile silicone carriers
- Emulsions of amino silicones, dimethicones
- Phenyl modified silicones: phenyl trimethicone, diphenyl dimethicone, etc.
- Specialty silicones: amine modified silicones, alkyl functional silicones
- Silicone emulsifiers: water in silicone emulsifier, water in silicone and oil emulsifier, etc.
- Silicone elastomer gels in a range of carrier fluids, volatile to non-volatile, silicone to naturally derived organic carrier
- Silicone resin film formers in volatile and non-volatile carriers.
- Silicone resin microspheres
Why partner with Elkem Silicones in skin care?
In addition to our current offering, we continue to launch new products to support customers in innovation and improve on sustainability. Our knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art application labs can assist you in creating your next innovative formulations
Silicone is present in many cosmetic products that we use every day without knowing it.
Silicone for Personal Care
Everything you need to know about Elkem for Personal Care