- About Elkem
- Our Worldwide Presence
- Elkem Silicones France - Roussillon Plant: Manufacturing
Elkem Silicones France - Roussillon Plant: Manufacturing
- Approximately 150 employees covering functions like EHS, EBS, Production, Quality, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Technical Assistance and Engineering.
- First facilities of Elkem started up in 1973 and located in platform with more than 100 years of history
- Roussillon is located 50 km south of Lyon with very good motorways and quick access.
Roussillon is one of the two upstream sites of our group, where the silicon metal is converted into chlorosilanes, vinyl chlorosilanes and siloxanes. These are the key components for Silicones chemistry in downstream facilities : Saint-Fons and subsidiaries in Europe.
Did you know?
Silicon metal is present as silica in sand. Chemistry allows us to transform it into silicones through various production and transformation phases.
As a signatory to the Responsible Care Global Charter our company will actively strengthen the Responsible Care initiative committed to:
- Safeguarding People and the Environment
- Strengthening Chemicals Management Systems
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Contributing to Sustainability
- Continuous improvement
Our plants’ activities are actively involved in the economic and social activities of the region. Through our partnerships, trainings, and sustainable development policy, we maintain close relations, and an ongoing dialogue with the local stakeholders. As part of our policy of transparency we are also committed to informing stakeholders as quickly as possible in the event of significant safety or environmental incident in accordance with the industry’s “real-time” communication policy.
Should you need our Energy and Environment policy please contact us.
Any more relevant information? In Roussillon, Elkem Silicones is part of the Roches-Roussillon platform beside 16 other companies. Activities started in Chemistry in 1915 with phenol products and continue to grow.
Take your business to the next level by partnering-up with a global leading material manufacturer.