Silicone solutions for sealing & bonding building facades with strict safety standards
Provide safe, long-term and beautiful building Facades and Cladding protection
In modern architecture, materials such as glass, stone, wood and polymer are sealed to the bottom of the external walls to meet the aesthetic, lighting, heat and sound insulation requirements of the facades. Silicone sealants have excellent adhesion and flexibility, adapt to the dimension variation between the curtain wall and the underlying structure caused by environmental changes, such as high and low temperature, wind load, seismic load, etc., which are the preferred materials for building curtain wall.
What are the main advantages of Elkem silicone-based materials for sealing and bonding building facades?
Elkem building facades and cladding sealant in strict accordance with the local national safety standards of design and production, the product of aging resistance, weatherability, and various kinds of bonding between the substrate of the reliability of the seal for rigorous testing, for clients to choose the best product, to ensure the safety of building curtain wall durable use, and to meet the challenges of the external complex climate and environment.
From a processing and installation point of view, building facade silicone sealants offer the following advantages:
- Efficient extrudability for production efficiency
- Sturdy mechanical properties for provide strong adhesion on all surfaces, including concrete, stone, bricks
- Long-term resistance to degradation
- Four packaging options for different construction practices, including drums, big bags, cartridges and tubes
- Non-toxic substances to ensure safety for builders and installers.
For property owners, residents and end-users, facade silicone sealants feature:
- Long-lasting sealant protection, elasticity and low shrinkage
- Resistance in a wide range of temperature conditions to ensure weatherproofing
- Insulating power and, where required, flame-proof sealants to isolate different spaces from smoke and toxic fumes
- A wide range of color additives for better aesthetic effects
- Non-toxic substances to ensure safety for end-users.
Our product offering
Elkem building facades and cladding provide customized solutions based on the customers and project's substrate and design requirements.
Here is outstanding example of efficient solutions for Building Facades and Cladding in our vast product offering:
- BLUESIL™ SLT 9052 is a one-component, neutral alkoxy curing silicone sealant, designed for a variety of curtain wall weather-resistant sealant. The product cures by absorbing moisture in the air at room temperature and solidifies to form flexible and firm silicone elastomers with good movement capability, excellent resistance to high & low temperature and UV light, and no corrosive to most building materials.
- STARSIL™SLT 6050 is a one component, neutral curing silicone sealant, designed for a variety of curtain wall weather-resistant sealant. The product cures by absorbing moisture in the air at room temperature and solidifies to form flexible and firm silicone elastomers with good movement capability, excellent resistance to high & low temperature and UV light.
Why choose Elkem as your partner for silicone window & door sealing applications?
Elkem was the first silicone manufacturer to introduce a sealant cartridge in 1957 and since then, the company’s R&D, working closely with builders, has continued to develop new silicone-based applications for construction of all types, including Building Facades and Cladding. Our products are versatile, customizable, safe and easy to process, provide innovative and robust performance features and guarantee safety for manufacturers, building professionals and end-users.
We are also available to work collaboratively upstream on R&D to develop customized products that meet evolving market needs and regulatory changes.
Take your business to the next level by partnering-up with a global leading material manufacturer.