Excellent silicone solutions for sealing & bonding windows and doors sytem
Shining sealant provides lasting waterproof and energy saving effect for Windows & Doors
Windows and doors are the most important components in ensuring not only structural stability, but also delivering on essential comfort and safety needs. They must be airtight, waterproof, energy-efficient and, when needed in specific environments, soundproof and protect against dust or insects.
Silicone sealant products enable the making of flexible joints that bond construction materials solidly and protect windows, doors and the facades to which they are fastened, to adjust flexibly to fluctuations of size and pressure brought on by changes in temperature, humidity, wind and other environmental conditions.
What are the main long-term advantages of Elkem silicone-based materials for sealing windows and doors?
Silicone sealants are formulated with different functional group structures in the organic silicon polymer main chain to be flexible, adherent and extremely durable over time, so that they continue to deliver the performance level of their initial specifications for many years. The sealing materials applied to window and door systems we produce feature strong tensile strength, good elasticity, and better temperature and ageing resistance than other sealing materials. Silicone window & door sealants work with the full range of structural and decorative building materials used in contemporary architecture or to modernize older buildings, such as steel, PVCs, glass, concrete, etc.
From a processing and installation point of view, window & door silicone sealants offer the following advantages:
- Efficient extrudability, for production efficiency during installation
- Sturdy mechanical properties to provide strong adhesion and perform under harsh temperature conditions
- Good adhesion properties on all surfaces, from plastics to stone, via stainless steel, glass and PVC, based on customized formulations
- Long-term resistance to degradation
- Innovative and custom silicone rubber compounds adapted to unique profiles
- Four packaging options for different construction practices, including drums, big bags, cartridges and tubes
- Non-toxic substances to ensure safety for builders and installers.
For property owners, residents and end-users, window & door silicone sealants feature:
- Long-lasting sealant protection, elasticity and low shrinkage over time
- Resistance in a wide range of temperature conditions, ensuring weatherproofing from freezing winter frosts to torrid summers, ensuring performance in all seasons
- High insulating power and, where required, flame-proof sealants to isolate different spaces from smoke and toxic fumes
- A wide range of color additives for better aesthetic effects
- Excellent elasticity to prevent breakage
- Non-toxic substances to ensure safety for end-users.
Our product offering
BLUESIL™ SLT 7010, is a one component, neutral curing silicone sealant, when it is at room temperature in the presence of air moisture, quickly curing to form a long-term flexible silicone elastomer, suitable for all kinds of doors and Windows installation bonding, caulking and sealing, which can provide good adhesion and long-term anti-aging performance.
STARSIL™ SLT 9280 is a one component general purpose alkoxy silicone sealant, when it is at room temperature in the presence of air moisture, quickly curing to form a long-term flexible performance silicone elastomer, with low VOC, odorless, suitable for all kinds of windows and doors installation gap filling and sealing, which can provide aging resistance, good adhesion to ensure noise and thermal insulation of windows and doors system.
Why choose Elkem as your partner for silicone window & door sealing applications?
Our longstanding experience in construction silicones, our commitment to R&D and our continuous improvement programs have enabled us to be a leading supplier of silicone-based formulations for window & door applications. Our products are versatile, customizable, safe and easy to process, provide innovative and robust performance features and guaranteeing safety for manufacturers, building professionals and end-users.
Elkem is there for you and can help meet your material specifications for window and door and façade gaskets through our custom silicone rubber compounding solutions. Through our Mix&Fix™ Centers , we adapt to your sealing requirements and your manufacturing process to design a customized solution that fits your needs.
We are also available to work closely with all professionals to work collaboratively upstream on R&D to develop customized products that meet evolving market needs and regulatory changes.